Laboratory Assistant supports the staff members of the Graduate Program in Marine Biology (GPMB) and Grice Marine Laboratory (GML). Performs administrative duties in support of the GPMB and Marine Genomics emphasis including answering phones, filing, database maintenance and public relations. Assists staff with laboratory facility organization, management and maintenance issues related to safety, equipment utilization, wet lab operation, keys, dormitory administration, building storage and boat operations. The current Laboratory Assistant is Melannie Bachman.
- Assists with daily routine functions of GPMB and GML including but not limited to, answering phones and correspondence, interacting with visitors, arranging tours and scheduling use of facilities and equipment, memo distribution.
- Greets guests and visitors for the Grice Marine Lab.
- Assists with recruitment and processing of GPMB applicants including those with an emphasis in Marine Genomics.
- Assists with record keeping, scheduling, budget administration and facility and dormitory management.
- Orders supplies and equipment to support GML, GPMB and Marine Genomics.
- Assists staff with basic laboratory facility organization, management and maintenance issues related to safety, equipment utilization, wet lab operation, keys, building storage and boat operations as needed.
- Maintains common supply and equipment storage areas.
- Responsible for picking up/ delivering materials and running errands for the lab.